What an amazing year for our Rady Faculty of Health Sciences! Ernest and Evelyn Rady’s transformational gift has forged a future for the faculty that is forever changed. Together, the Radys and all of our generous donors are creating impact by supporting the faculty in so many ways.
Each college has identified priorities that will advance research; support students to become compassionate, well-rounded professionals; and ensure that our faculty is deeply engaged with our communities.
- The Proctor Fund supports treatment for patients who may not be
able to afford care, and exposes third- and fourth-year dentistry
students to the complex competencies they require to graduate.
- Smiles for Miles provides dental hygiene care for newcomers to
Canada and gives senior students the opportunity to gain hands-on
experience in a clinical setting.
- The B.Sc. (Medicine) Program gives undergraduate medical
students the opportunity to engage in basic or clinical research.
- The Lyonel G. Israels Chair in Hematology celebrates the legacy
of a trailblazing researcher and will advance hematological
knowledge, resulting in new treatments and other improvements
to patient care.
- The Nursing Social Support Fund helps students who are
struggling to stay in school pay for essentials such as housing,
daycare and groceries.
- The Nursing Travel Award Fund supports students to attend
national and international conferences.
- The Pharmacy Simulation Lab will provide experience in real-life
scenarios in primary care and hospital pharmacy activities, patient
medication reviews, immunization clinics and OSCE activities.
- Support for Rehabilitation Sciences student placements in rural
and remote communities will provide exposure to, and valuable
hands-on experience in, the care of underserved populations.
With Homecoming 2017 just around the corner, why not rally your class to support one of these programs? More than a dozen classes from across the Rady Faculty are celebrating reunions and what better way to mark the occasion than with a class gift? Some classes already have plans underway. If you would like to find out more about how you can get involved with a class campaign, please contact Adrienne at 204-789-3537.
We love hearing from you. If you have questions or want to talk about what’s new at the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-789-3884.