Date: April 20 , 2021
To: All Rady Faculty of Health Sciences faculty and staff
From: Dr. Brian Postl, Dean, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences & Vice Provost (Health Sciences)
The Rady Faculty of Health Sciences (RFHS) is entitled to a total of twenty (20) seats on Senate. This year there were seven (7) vacancies to be filled. In accordance with the RFHS Council Bylaw: “The process of election of Senate representatives shall ensure that the Faculty Council elects at least two (2) Senate representatives who are members of each College in the Faculty.” In order to meet this provision in filling the seven vacancies, Faculty Council needed to elect at least one Senator who is a member of Dentistry and one Senator who is a member of Rehabilitation Sciences. The minimum of at least two representatives from Pharmacy, Medicine, and Nursing was already met.
A “Call for Nominations of Senators” was sent to all Faculty Council members on Feb 24, 2021. At the close of nominations, eleven nominations were received. According to the bylaw, “if there are more nominations received than Senate representatives to be elected, an election shall take place.” The election closed on April 09, 2021.
Thank you to everyone who let their names stand. Please join me in congratulating the following seven Senators who have been elected to represent the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Dr. Jean-Eric Ghia (Medicine – term ends 2024)
- Dr. Andrew Halayko (Medicine – term ends 2024)
- Dr. Laura MacDonald (Dental Hygiene – term ends 2024)
- Dr. Kirk McManus (Medicine – term ends 2024)
- Dr. Trenna Reeve (Dentistry – second term ends 2024)
- Dr. Sandra Webber (Rehabilitation Sciences– term ends 2024)
- Dr. Fred Zeiler (Medicine – term ends 2024)
Please also join me in thanking the Senators whose terms have ended for their time and dedication:
- Dr. Chris Anderson (Medicine)
- Dr. Sanjiv Dhingra (Medicine)
- Dr. Mark Garrett (Rehabilitation Sciences)
- Ms. Leslie Johnson (Rehabilitation Science)
- Dr. Mojgan Rastegar (Medicine)
- Dr. Annette Schultz (Nursing)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you for your on-going interest in the governance of the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences.